We have an online booking system allowing you to find available nights and then to book your stay with us through our secure server, which uses SagePay. Please be aware that weekends and bank holidays have a minimum 2 or 3 night stay respectively. If you have any questions or problems with the system please just give me a call on 01273 401 100 or email me firstname.lastname@example.org and I will get back to you promptly.
Arrivals and departure
Check in is from 3:00pm until 6:30pm (7:00 pm on Fridays) and checkout on your last day is by 11am.
There is normally someone around on site during the day but we disappear for lunch between 12 and 3:00
We will happily help you transport your gear out into the meadow which is a 3 minute walk from the car unloading area.
Terms and conditions
We are a family oriented campsite and to ensure that everyone staying with us has the chance for a stimulating, relaxing and fulfilling break we ask you to accommodate the following:
- Please ensure there are no more than 6 people to a pitch aged 5 and over.
- No more than 4 adults per pitch
- To minimise disruption to our other guests and to avoid large groups at The Secret Campsite we only allow 2 pitches to be booked at any one time.
- Your booking is confirmed upon payment and receipt of a confirmation from us.
- The pitch will be ready for you from 3:00 on the arrival day and reception is open until 6:30pm every evening (7:00pm on Fridays).
- Please only use ground barbecues in the fire pit area, to avoid damaging our lovingly tended grass.
- We would be grateful if you could pick up and dispose of any litter you drop or find.
- Pitches should be vacated by 11:00am on the day of departure.
Peace and tranquility
- We don’t allow dogs.
- Please consider other campers and refrain from loud noise or music at all times, and we ask that you keep all noise to a minimum after 10:00pm, even quiet whistling and bird imitations.
- To maintain a peaceful, uncongested site we do not allow day visitors to join you.
- Please respect other guests peace and quiet and try to go past their pitches quietly.
- Please avoid any activities that would deter wildlife. The collecting of firewood from the woods surrounding the site is not allowed, it’s not even ours to offer. In the interests of conservation and the adjoining nature reserves health, please do not collect any wood from the local area.
- Flying of kites is prohibited for your own safety.
- We do not allow fireworks or Chinese lanterns due to the risk of fire.
- The Secret Campsite is surrounded by beautiful countryside filled with unusual plants and animals. However, this brings with it the risks associated with wild animals and poisonous plants. We accept no responsibility for any injuries or illness that you suffer as a result of bites, stings or from eating or playing with posionous plants. If in any doubt, please always ask us, and encourage your children not to touch plants or animals that you or they cannot positively identify.
- Children are free to explore the site, but they remain their parents responsibility at ALL times.
- You are responsible for any damages that you or your party make around the site.
- We will not be held responsible or liable for any accident, loss or damage whatsoever to persons, vehicles, tents, accessories or contents during your stay with us.
- We ask that only residents of the Tree Tent use the walkway up to it, and that children are not allowed to play on it.
Finally, in the interests of a rewarding stay for everyone, we reserve the right to ask anyone who is being a pest or ignoring these terms and conditions to leave.
We require payment in advance for all bookings, but are very happy to refund part of your fees if you are unable to come and stay with us, as long as you notify us in advance. The following refund applies: 15+ days written notice by email gets a 50% refund.